There as been a recent issue in our house. This issue has plagued us for months. You see, at 33 months, my son is right in between the big boy cup (meaning without a topper) and the sippy cups. He wants to have a cup like ours, but hasn’t quite mastered the art of sipping from an open cup. That is why a cup like Whole-Earth Gifts’ Water Bottle Kit in Stainless Steel has been such a good fit.
Here are the three things I love about this:
- It looks like an adult version of the a water bottle. With toddlers, you know that the more real it looks, the more likely they will be willing to use it, play with it, etc. This bottle looks just like a similar water bottle I use every day, but has three different lids, one for a baby nipple, one for a sippy cup, and the third for a more standard water bottle with a push down stopper.
- It is safe. Made of stainless steel, the bottle is BPA Free, lead tested, and dishwasher safe. The wide mouth makes cleaning really easy and the stainless steel make up keeps cold things cold for a whole day at the park.
- Just the right size. Larger sizes are even like sizes are around for kids. What I like about this size is that it doesn’t take over my entire purse just to have a sippy on hand. Other sippys or water bottles we have tried are either too wide or too thing. This version fits in the stroller cup holders, car seat cup holder and even my car cup holder. It isn’t top heavy and stays where you put it.
Without sounding too infomercially, here is the comparison to other like products.
- This version is $24 plus shipping from Whole-Earth Gifts.
- There are other products out there that are similar, in that they are the stainless steel and the same size that run between $8-15, but they only come with one lid – and nothing like a sippy cup lid or a bottle nipple lid.
My verdict: A little pricy, but totally worth it. Would make a great shower gift that would for sure grow with your kid.
Disclaimer: I was provided a sample of this product to review but was not compensated for the review in any other way. The opinions are my own.