There are days when I am still in shock that I made both the things in the above picture. The boy and his poof. And you can have one too! See, no one told me how little boys love to tackle, anything, all the time. In an effort to save my nose, I found a pattern from BHG to make my own! Here are my modified directions below. Download the full pattern for more pictures and details.
- Printouts from BGH.com for patterns
- 2 yards of 54 inch wide upholstery fabric or double up for thinner fabric
- straight pins
- sewing pins
- 1 spool of matching upholstery thread
- 2 large garbage bags full of fabric scraps or 5 old full size pillows
- 1 roll fusible web tape
- 1 large embroidery needle
- 4 skiens of embroidery floss
- I followed the bhg.com instructions but instead of using the pattern at full size, I recommend cutting down the height of your poof about two inches for smaller kids.
- Also, don’t be afraid it is too full – the stuffing needs to be very full to make it a seat vs. a pillow.
- Sew up and enjoy!
Have a DIY Poof of your own? We would love to see it and feature it here on MGM! Click here to send us your latest DIY creation!